Thursday, May 31, 2012

Still waiting...

It is the end of May and my wine rack is still AWOL.  However, I think we are getting closer.  The husband has loaned a staple gun to the guy who has been doing the painting for us.  He has returned to us the wine glass holder that goes under the wine rack.  It is pretty close in color to the cabinets! Thank goodness.  I may find a way to stain it so it has some character to it like the cabinet doors.  I'll have to wait and see once the big piece arrives.

In the meanwhile, hubby has finished painting the bathroom and we have gotten a "new" piece of furniture for storage.  My sweet Aunt has given me my cousin's victorian wardrobe.  It belonged to her great grandmother and it is truly special.  You see, my cousin and I were raised together like sisters and she was a year younger than me.  When we were in our early 20s, she was taken away from us painfully early.  There isn't a day that I don't miss her or think of her.  This piece will always hold a special place in my heart.  I am honored to own it.

This is the mirror that goes in the top right of the wardrobe.
Splotch the kitty checks out the wardrobe.



These are the beautiful pulls on the drawers.  I am on the lookout for three of them to
replace the ones that are missing.

The finished bathroom paint job.  I LOVE the color!

No comments:

Post a Comment