Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pretty in pink

Ever since my daughter realized she was going to have a new room she has begged us to paint it pink and purple.  Pretty intense for a three year-old but she tells everyone those are her favorite colors and her new room will be painted in those hues.  The first time we went to look at paint chips, she picked out the absolutely most brightest shades of electric pink and purple for the walls.  Of course, why not...if I was three I would probably want the same.  However, this mom has a different idea.  I finally settled on a powder pink and a pale lilac for our pallet.  As you can see from the pictures, the job is underway!  Under the picture rail will be pink and above it will be the lilac.  Even this color is a tad bright for me but for a three year-old princess, I have a feeling it is going to be just fine.

When I poured it into the pan,
I thought of a strawberry milkshake!

It felt great to finally get some paint on the walls.

The edge of the fireplace. What a difference
a little color can make!

No comments:

Post a Comment