Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

It is hard to imagine that it is 2011.  Wasn't it just yesterday that we were preparing for the millennium and Y2K?  Our children will laugh at us when they are older and read about our paranoia and fears!

We've started to take down the Christmas decorations much to my three year-old's dismay.  It has been a great Christmas with her.  She is so inquisitive and we have had to explain why we do everything for the holiday to her.  She soaks it up like a sponge.  Today we discussed why some people still had their Christmas decorations up and others did not.  We discussed the 12 days of Christmas, the Epiphany and the Wise Men.  Let's see what sticks after that conversation!

On one of my message boards, a friend asked, "Do you have any resolutions for the New Year?"  I can't help but think about this new house and all the things we want to do to it in the days, weeks, months and years ahead.  I want to be more organized.  My husband and I both want to horde less.  We both want to find unique furniture pieces to go in the home as well as antiques to decorate it with.  As for my daughter, just trying to get her to donate some of her many toys that she no longer plays with will be a resolution challenge in itself! 

When spring arrives, I want to start to work on the back yard and side gardens.  There is so much debris and I know there is a magical place just waiting to be discovered.  My husband wants to get our daughter a sturdy swing set to last her for many years to come. 

I can't wait for spring and summer so we can have relaxing times on the front porch.  I cannot think of a better place to spend time catching up with friends or just simply reading a book as the sun begins to set.

We need to find a good patio set so we can make another living area on our back deck.  The grill is there and it will be a great place to sit and enjoy meals with family and friends.

It is going to be a great yet challenging year I can tell.  I have a list of resolutions and "to dos" ready to be tackled.  We are certainly up for the task!  I wish you and yours a happy and prosperous new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment