Friday, December 31, 2010

These are a few of my favortite things...Part III (and Happy New Year's Eve!)

Over the past 48 hours, life has been hectic but good.  We are exhausted but we are completely moved into 1910 Dream Street and are official landlords of our former home.  To finally be living in one place is a welcomed event. Now to weed out even more stuff that we don't want to keep that couldn't be done before we moved.  The fall caused a lot of the things we wanted to do over there to not happen but that is ok.  We are finally out and the tenants are in.  On to 2011!

My final favorite thing that I will share are convex mirrors.  I have one that I bought from Pottery Barn about 10 years ago when we moved into our former home.  I absolutely adore them.  I plan on getting an ornate picture hanger so that we can hang ours over the fireplace in the dining room.  I think it would be the perfect addition for now.  Eventually, I would like to get a true antique convex mirror.  Here are a few styles that I really love:

This is from the Federalist time period (18th century) and is one that I am fond of.  The mirrors of this period are adorned with thirteen gold balls to represent the original 13 colonies.



I really like the depth of this mirror and the wide frame around it.  It is amazing how this type of mirror can make a room look so much bigger. 


This is a bit more modern and only about 60 years old but is still one of my favorites.  The star burst convex mirrors are making a huge come back and I expect to see more of these in the antique stores.

I hope you and yours have a very fun and safe New Year's Eve!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment